Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wiring undercabinet lights

Posted by wg999 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 9:38

Tried to post some other place, but now can't find - hope electric skills better than my computer skills. Question for anyone willing to help. I am doing kitchen remodel and placing 110 hardwired undercabinet lighting. Romex from switch to light fixture. Is it proper and normal to run cable from wall through the back lip of (under) cabinet to light fixture leaving small piece of exposed romex stapled under cabinet. Other than low voltage, is there some other way this is normally done? Thanks for your help on this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wiring undercabinet lights

You posted it in that other post, about 4 down from this one right now, also titled undercabinet lights.

I don't know what you mean by 'through the back lip of (under) cabinet', but if you mean you run it out of the wall, staple it to the bottom of the cabinet, and then into the fixture using an appropriate connector, then yes, that is what is done normally.

o
RE: Wiring undercabinet lights

Thanks - Thats exactly what I meant - I refered to the lip as the botton of sides that run around the perimeter. My concern was the small amount of exposed romex that is stapled under cabinet and exposed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here