Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrical Subpanel

Posted by Eddy-Current (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 19:58

I am going to change an electrical sub-panel from fuses to circuit breakers. The cable feeding the sub-panel has no equipment ground (just 3 wires). How should I proceed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrical Subpanel

Run a ground. How that is accomplished would depend on what the feeder is now. I suspect you'd be best to pull a whole new cable with ground though.

o

Thank you Ronnatalie
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, The panels are far away from the meter-mains and it's a finished 4 unit building with no crawl space above or below. In order to do that amount of work I would have had to approximately quadruple my bid, so it appears that I have to deal with what I have. But Thanks anyway.
Eddy

o

you bid a job like that without looking at what exactly you were getting into?

I'd be out of business if I did stuff like that.....

o

Eddy, you appear to be way outside your element here. This is real basic stuff and you appear to have screwed up your bid badly as HEXUS states. Further, I'm beginning to have my doubts about whether you are an electrician at all. If not, you have no business working on this wiring PERIOD. Multiunit buildings that other people are expected to survive in is no place for amateurs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here