Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SpeedCook Oven and Warming Drawer on same ciruit

Posted by frank_diy (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 2, 11 at 19:10

Is it ok to install one 20 amp circuit that would serve both a Speedcook Oven and a Warming Drawer?
The Speedcook Oven states "This product requires a 120 volt, 60 Hz, 15 amp circuit and draws 1.8 kilowatts".
The WD states "This warming drawer must be supplied with 120V, 60Hz and protected by a 15 or 20 amp circuit breaker."

Can I run a single line (12/2), 20 amp breaker and plug both units into that receptacle, or do I need dedicated lines for each appliance?

Thank you
Frank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SpeedCook Oven and Warming Drawer on same ciruit

You offer too little information about the warming drawer. The oven, based on your post, draws the full 15 amperes. And since it specifies a 15 amp circuit, it cannot share a 20 amp circuit with the drawer. How many watts or amperes for the drawer?

o
RE: SpeedCook Oven and Warming Drawer on same circuit

This is from their website for the warming drawer:
Heating Element Wattage 450W
Volts/Hertz/Amps 120V/60Hz/15Amps

Does this help?

o

Based on the information you provided, the oven needs to be on a dedicated 15 amp circuit. The warming drawer can share a circuit with other loads, but not the oven circuit. The (minimum of) two Small Appliance circuits cannot be used for the warming drawer.

o

"This product requires..."

It ends right there.

You must follow the instillation instructions.

If is said 'recommend' you might have some room to share (but still need correct load calculations and branch circuit capacity derating).

o

OK guys. I got it. thanks so much for the input.

frank

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here