Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
which timer switch to buy to control exhaust fan?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 14:30

I'd like to buy a timer switch for the exhaust fan. The Levinton 1800W 10-20-30-60 minute timer sold on Amazon had many complaints of loud buzzing sound after several months to 3 years.
Leviton LTB60-1LZ Decora 1800W Incandescent/20A Resistive-Inductive 1HP Preset 10-20-30-60 Minute Countdown Timer Switch,White/Ivory/Light Almond

Homedepot sells Levinton 500W 10-20-30-60 minute timer. But reviews said it only works for incandescent light but not for exhaust fan.
Leviton 500-Watt 60-Minute Timer

I'd like to have a plate with GFCI outlets, dimmer switch to control lamps, and a timer switch to control exhaust fan (or just GFCI outlets and timer switch on one plate). But I could not find a proper timer switch. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: which timer switch to buy to control exhaust fan?

You need the first one as I told you before. I have both version of this switch and have not observed the complaints given. Actually the Home Despot (or was it Lowe's)) here had both versions.

o
RE: which timer switch to buy to control exhaust fan?

I've put one of these in one of my bathrooms and have another ready for the other when I finish it. I don't know if you can get it in the US, but it works well and is silent.

It works automatically when it senses humidity, but has a timer function when you hit the button. Not sure how long it runs.

http://www.dewstop.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Dew Stop switch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here