Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herb2relax

Electrical Meter box

herb2relax
10 years ago

We just moved into this mobile home. I am in no way interested in touching or trying to redo anything in this box just trying to understand the nature of the wiring. The house we moved from was very old and its outside breaker box had no main turn off switch. I am thinking this one is the same way.

This mobile home has added a 220v socket for a generator and I want an idea if I am back feeding. If that is possible to tell from the wiring.

Hubby wanted to make sure I understood how to do everything that was told to him by the previous owner so we were testing it out when the power went out. Of course a new neighbor came over and started a bunch of questions about it. Then proceeded to bring his father over to keep opening the breaker box to which I finally had to tell them they needed to leave it alone and we would handle any issues with it.

I added a pic of the breaker box. The white wire coming in on the left is coming in from the 220v that was added, the big black wire on the right is the air conditioner, the orange and yellow wires feed out to another little breaker box that was added and goes into the mobile home. The breaker box says it is 220v & sunroom are two 30amp breakers and one 20amp breaker is the water pump. Which the water pump and shed are another two white cables that come in on the left side of the box. The directions for using the generator is to turn off the main breaker in the house and the breaker for the hot water heater. Then plug in the water pump and connect the generator to the 220v and start.

I realize no one can give me a 100% breakdown or tell me it is safe or unsafe. But if someone can tell me what their opinion is I would appreciate it.

Comments (4)