Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gaggenau Double Oven Wiring/EB295

Posted by leftistelf (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 0:10

I have just purchased a used EB295. It came with a cord that has three wires (black, red, ground)

My house is set-up with four wires (black, red, white, and green).

There are a set of jumpers in the terminal block. I just need to know how to set-up the jumpers. Sadly, the owner's manual provides no information about wiring, except to suggest getting an approved appliance installation expert.

Anyone have any idea how to configure the terminal block?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gaggenau Double Oven Wiring/EB295

I believe on this unit, it's strictly a 240V unit. That preattached power cord gets connected (in a suitable junction box) to your 240V feed. The white wire in your feed is unused. It needs a 30A circuit (minimum)

o
jumpers

The thing can be run on 208 or 240V, so it's possible that's what the jumpers are for. It's uncommon to see 208 in a residence, so it's probably already set up right. You might give the GAG folks a call and see if they can provide you the information.

o
OOPS wrong info above

It requires 40A not 30A. By the way if you don't have the manual, here it is.
The inside of the lid where the jumpers are supposedly shows how to strap it. If you have the three wire cord, it's got to be set up properly. The only other configuration would have a cord with FIVE wires in it.

Here is a link that might be useful: GAG manual

o

That manual looks to be aimed at European electricity. The way I understand it, homes have single-phase 230 V or three-phase 400 V.

o

Thanks folks. So, how do you handle the neutral wire?

Cap it? Or run it to the ground?

Also, any reason to use heat resistant wire?

o

Cap it. No your existing wire is fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here