Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cord for range used for wall oven?

Posted by vegaslibra (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 23:26

I am replacing my wall oven and the new oven's cord is not long enough. I called sears and ordered a new cord. The one they sent me is all rubber and says for free standing ranges (picture attached). The one on my wall oven is metal. Is it ok to use the rubber one behind a wall oven?

THANK YOU

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cord for range used for wall oven?

Wall ovens do not come with cords. And also, cords are NOT metal.
What you have is a whip. The whip gets spliced to your branch circuit in a junction box.
You must make this work with the length given. Put a junction box in an adjacent cabinet, or even behind the oven itself.

o
RE: Cord for range used for wall oven?

to clarify (I hope). The picture is of a cord. It attaches to the appliance at one end and the other goes to a wall outlet at the other.

Normally a wall oven does not use a cord but a whip as described. The wires go into a junction box for attachment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here