Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ADT boxes dinging and we don't subscribe

Posted by nanabella (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 19:42

We have hardwired ADT which has a mind of its own. We have not subscribed for over 7 years. At first we thought it would come on if the electricity went off but not so. It starts dinging at the boxes any time of day or night. We randomly push buttons and it stops and then will sometimes start again. DH doesn't know what to look for in breaker panel.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ADT boxes dinging and we don't subscribe

It's a clever trick to get you to resubscribe?

There should be one central box somewhere, often near the circuit breaker panel about a foot square or so that you can probably kill.

o

The power supply for the panel (a wall wart) in our case is in the garage.
I'd also look in the attic or basement if you don't find it next to the panel.

o

Note if you yank the plug on it, it may have an internal battery in it. Mine (not ADT admittedly but I don't think they actually make the unit, just brand it) did.
I just replaced mine as the panels were all beeping saying that the battery needed replacing.

o

Probably the battery has reached the end of its life. Below is a link on how to replace.

Here is a link that might be useful: BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here