Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Putting CR6's in LR6 housings? (Dimming Concerns)

oldbat2be
12 years ago

We have put up 21 Cooper Halo H71CT recessed new construction housings; original plan was for Cree LR6's. Electrical wiring is in place.

My question is: can I instead put CR6's in the same housings? The requirements for the CR6 is: 'Standard 6" downlight housing'.

The reason for the change is that I have 4 zones with only 2 or 3 CR6's (in each zone), 1 zone with a single CR6, and I am concerned about dimmability, in these zones. (I like dimmers everywhere).

Cree lists the Lutron Skylark SF-10P/SF-103P as a recommended dimmer for the LR6, and specifies (min) 1, max(12) fixtures per dimmer.

If these dimmers actually work, then I will stick with the LR6's... otherwise, I'm leaning towards cancelling my LR6 order and going with CR6's.

I found a reference to the LR6's being phased out -- I assume due to higher cost? -- this concerned me a little, too.

If it's too late to cancel the order, well I guess we'll be installing a couple of LR6's and should be able to answer the question in a couple of weeks ourselves :)

As always, thanks in advance.