Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Freestanding Outdoor Power Outlet?

jaxo
10 years ago

I would like to have an electric outlet installed on the fence side of the patio.
I'm having a new flagstone patio installed and the contractor is building a conduit to run the electrical and a water line from the house side to the fence side so that a small water feature fountain tower or overflowing pot fountain and lighting for it can be installed near the fence. There needs to be a way to power the pump and lighting for the water feature. There are already existing low voltage LED garden lights om that area but I assume the pump cannot tap into the line the powers those lights and I need to be able to control the fountain separately so I can use the water feature both day and night whether or not the garden lights are on.
The contractor has the idea of mounting the new outlet onto the wood fence. I don't like that idea and I would rather that it not be mounted on the fence, but instead stick straight out of the ground on a pole freestanding like a mini tree,
I think mounting an electrical outlet on the fence would complicate future fence repairs and I don't want any mounting hardware bolted through the fence that would show on the other side of the fence.
The area will be fully exposed to weather and rain as there is not any kind of roof over that area.
Is this possible? I was trying to do a search for freestanding power outlets and cannot even find a photo of one online.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?