Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lighting question

Posted by trish56 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 23:01

I have two ceiling lights in my bathroom. I had to replace one of the bulbs yesterday. I use the curly energy efficient bulbs. Now I have a problem. When I turn the switch on, one light goes on right away and the other one is delayed by about 10 seconds before it goes on. Can you please explain what the problem could be as to why they both do not go on at the same time?

Thank You.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lighting question

Many different possibilities. Replace the other old bulb with a new one and keep it as a spare.

o

There is no problem, just different manufacturers. If you want them to match buy a multi pack and switch both bulbs at the same time.

o

What kind if bulbs ?

CFLs?

Many of the newer CFLs have a faster start time compared to some of the older ones.

Incandescent?

You have a bigger problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here