Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jacuzzi Tub Wiring

Posted by phattybeers (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 16:51

I am installing a jacuzzi tub this week. I have a couple questions if anyone can help? The corner tub has both a motor and a heater and it is asking me to have two gfsi circuits. Can I just use two separate gfsi outlets or do they have completely different circuits?

When I demoed there is an in-wall heater wired to almost exact place where these outlets are. Can I just utilize that wire to hook up the gfsi outlet or both outlets?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jacuzzi Tub Wiring

" Can I just use two separate gfsi outlets or do they have completely different circuits?"

I need to know voltage and amperage (maximum circuit ampacity or MCA) for both units. Either from the instructions or on the nameplate(s). Motor may only say volts and horsepower. Heater may only say volts and watts. Give me all of it.

"When I demoed there is an in-wall heater wired to almost exact place where these outlets are. Can I just utilize that wire to hook up the gfsi outlet or both outlets?"

I need to know wire size, how many conductors and their colors. Also amperage of breaker and whether it's single pole or double pole.

o

Here is a copy of the manual (includes both heater and pump)

o

The instructions couldn't be much clearer to me. You need two dedicated separate GFCI protected circuits.

Do not skip the bonding requirement in the right hand side of the instructions as well.

o

So they have to be run straight from the breakers with only it on the line?

o

Nothing else on the same breaker.

o

Yes, as Ron said. It is VERY clear.

You need TWO 15 or 20A GFI protected circuits. How you do this is up to you.
GFI breakers and regular receptacles, or
Regular breakers with GFI receptacles.

o

Glennsparky may be able to make it easy for you if you answer the second part of his question.

"I need to know wire size, how many conductors and their colors. Also amperage of breaker and whether it's single pole or double pole. "

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here