Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Underground connection.

Posted by inganeer (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 14:21

My neighbor ran over my exterior yard light breaking the direct buried 2-12 AWG conductor. I can excavate in the area of the broken end of the conductor, but to excavate and replace the entire conductor would be almost impossible because of a large tree and sidewalk. How do I go about connecting a new conductor to the old underground?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Underground connection.

3M and others make UF splice kits. Not the most optimal solution but it will work.

RE: Underground connection.

I would keep a mental note where the splice is so if there are future problems you might remember where the splice is.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here