Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outlet placement for appliances (subzero, miele, wolf)

Posted by phylhl (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 8:52

Wondering how critical it is to have the electrical outlets placed exactly where the specs say, for appliances like subzero fridge, wolf cooktop and miele washer/dryer. The rough placement at present is a bit off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outlet placement for appliances (subzero, miele, wolf)

Because of stud, HVAC and plumbing obstacles, the installation docs for my new appliances promised me trouble if I followed them precisely in some cases. So, I went and found floor models of what I was going to buy and took pictures and measurements of the backs as to what was required for the hookups.

The amount of variance you can get away with depends on the specific appliance model. With some, the specs were right on - if you varied, you would have hell to pay.

With others, you had some leeway with placement.

To be absolutely sure if your placement will be okay, look at the appliance itself. Yes, it's a PITA to do so.

Doc

o

It will fit if you follow the placement.

It might fit at other spots.

o

I've done enough of these to tell you it IS important to follow the installation guidelines. Especially with these high end appliances.

Go an look at them if you want, but this will NOT tell you any more important information that the instructions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here