Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Security Light

Posted by jimmyleon (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 22:22

Just put a Lithonia security light, 100 watt metal halide, on front of barn. Light won't come on although it is brand new. 120 volts getting to the light and properly wired. Sensor sits on top of light. I do come from breaker box to switch then onto the light. Switch is left on all time. Does it have to be wired direct from the breaker without a switch? I don't see why passing through the switch would keep it from coming on. Can't believe a brand new light fails to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Security Light

The sensor may be faulty, or it may be 'seeing' enough ambient light to keep it from triggering. I test them by covering them with a black opaque cup.

o
RE: Security Light

Thanks, Randy. I called the supply house and they gave me a new sensor and new bulb. It was the bulb. For some reason the bulb that came with the light just wouldn't seat correctly in socket. Light is working fine now with new bulb. Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here