Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Wiring Diagrams (4 Remodel Permit application). Any Feedback?

Posted by mudworm (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 20:26

I'm going to the Building Department (San Mateo County in CA) to apply for the kitchen remodel permit. I'm getting cross eyed after having been working on the diagrams and staring at the drawings. I wonder if I've missed anything. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Proposed Kitchen Layout

Proposed Appliance circuits

Proposed outlets (and circuits)

Proposed Lighting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Wiring Diagrams (4 Remodel Permit application). Any Feedba

Did you go to their website to see what is required? Our building electrical division only requires a list of items, stove, oven, dishwasher, # of circuits and receptacles in multiples of 25.

o

> # of circuits and receptacles in multiples of 25.
That sounds odd.

I searched for the detailed requirements from the county (we needed them because we are DIY'ing), but I could not find any. The information I get is mostly from going to the building department and talking to them. The problem with that is all the information is verbal and I only learn what I have asked about.

o

http://www.ci.sanmateo.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=484

http://www.portagemi.gov/FilesCustom/HtmlEditor/Files/Community Development/Permits & Info Forms/Building Services/201012electper

You're right, they don't list anything. Call them up and tell them how many circuits you are planning and what they need in the way of information/forms to make that happen.

o

We are in the middle of a kitchen, bathroom, dining room, laundry room - total gut and remodel. Wanna guess how much detail I needed to provide? If you guesses "Just a list of the rooms", then you would be correct.

Obviously, you need some plans for yourself, but you should call them up and ask what detail they need before you do unnecessary work.

o

Yeah, I did the planning partly for myself because I hope the plan checker at the building department can point out errors if I made any. Partly, I thought our requirements are pretty extensive, and I wanted to make sure I had everything they needed. I did! Today, I went to the county office. Within one hour, I got my permit. So exciting and scary (oh my gosh, we are committed)!

Here are the requirements for a kitchen remodel permit application in our county. I'm not complaining though and all the people in the office are all very friendly and helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here