Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jagmtx

Wiring a 3-way ceiling fan - Help Please!

jagmtx
13 years ago

My husband took down a ceiling fan and didn't pay attention to how it was wired in! Now we can't get it figured out to put it back up. Our living room has two ceiling fan/light combo units. They are 3-way with a switch that turns the fans on positioned at two entrances to our living room. So, two fan/light combo's - two switches that power them on. You can turn the whole units on/off with either switch, but have to use the pull chains to adjust the fan speed, etc. The fan and light aren't controlled separately at the switch - it's all or nothing - if that makes sense. Anyway - one fan is still up - no issues there, I assume the wiring there is fine since we haven't messed with it.

The fan that is down has four white wires, two black wires, two tan wires, and one copper (grounding?)wire. I have no idea what to hook together. The fan itself has one black/white wire, one black wire, one white wire, and one green wire.

Here is a link to the photo of the box and wires: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/jagm/a.jpg

Can anyone help me with how we need to hook this up? Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (4)