Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gfci breaker will not reset

Posted by cablue (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 8, 10 at 20:08

first off I have followed a few threads here so let me tell you what I know.Everything is disconected. cutler and hammer 15A resets in box with main off. Does not resetwith main on.Regardless of wether the common (neutral, white )wire is conected or not.Regardless of hot black wire being connected.It trips when the main is switched on even when both are disconnected.This is a mobile home circuit. 1 15amp breaker 2 bathroom outlets 1 outdoor outlet.It quit working after alightning strike.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gfci breaker will not reset

Thank you.

o

replace it.

o

"It quit working after a lightning strike."

As a general rule, whenever you can use the above sentence to describe a problem, you are probably going to have to replace whatever component you are talking about.

o

I was replacing GFIs in one of my outbuildiings every couple of years. Then I added a secondary TVSS to the buildign's subpanel. Problem solved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here