Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda Ex 1000 generator Tripping without load

Posted by techkarl (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 10:46

Help needed with honda ex 1000. When i put the ac Circuit breaker ( on the generator) to the on position with no load connected generator looses rpm and then the circuit breaker trips again . Any help please ? BTW do you have the service manual of this generator?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda Ex 1000 generator Tripping without load

There may be "no load" plugged in the outlet, but there is almost certainly a load someplace. The loss of engine speed and tripping breaker are very reliable indicators. Check the wiring between the breaker and receptacle(s), and the receptacle itself.

o

My 15-20 year old EX-1000 started acting up this year...it would die under load. In my case I pulled the carb off and cleaned the float & needle valve up...it works fine now. Fuel starvation due to a varnished-up carb.

Here is a link that might be useful: Honda EX-1000 Manual

o

From looking at the circuit diagram, my first suspicion is that you have an internal short in the outlet, either to ground or line to line. I would check this with a meter (with the machine not running).

o

Will do the required tests with a multimeter tonight. Still looking for the service/factory manual. ( do have an owners manual but its not so detailed). Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here