Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
attic fan electrical problem

Posted by kevbocometh (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 20:33

i have an attic fan that is not functioning. i replaced the switch and it still doesn't work! the original switch was a carling dc101-pb-b and i replaced it with a dayton 1dgz9...nothing! had my neighbor come over and check the current at the switch...no electric. checked the breaker panel...nothing tripped. wtf is going on here? keep in mind that the power goes to the fan and THEN comes down to the switch, is that weird? please help me, i'm very frustrated and i've spent way too much time in a hot attic to lose this battle!

-kevin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: attic fan electrical problem

Not weird. It's called a switch loop. You need to go to the fan next and see if you have power there. Fan vibration could have caused a connection to come apart.

o
RE: attic fan electrical problem

I guess it wasn't the switch then. How did you check for a tripped breaker, by looking at them? It seems you don't have the tools or experience to handle this. Did you know there are people that fix things like this for a living?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here