Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have light fixtures professional restored?

Posted by seaswirl (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 19:52

Our Hurricane Sandy wrecked shore house is going to be finished in a few weeks. Early in the project, I told our GC that I wanted to keep certain items because my mother and father built the house and these items meant a lot to us. He "won" the discussion of the retro pendant lights and I bought new ones. We never discussed the kitchen ceiling fixture (a Moe light) but I always knew I wanted to keep it. We tried to keep some stuff that we were emotional connected to. Today, when DH and I went to the house to see the progress, I saw the Moe light and the 3 pendants on the trash heap. I went nuts and took the ceiling light home so I could recondition it. When I got home, I called my neighbor and asked her to take the 3 pendants off the heap too. I now want to send them out for restoration. Can anyone recommend a place?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have light fixtures professional restored?

Just put aside the fixtures you want to preserve and
leave you GS out of it.

Let him install whatever low end fixtures he wants.

It will not change the boxes to later go back and install YOUR restored fixtures.

It gets the restoration time out or the GC's schedule.

This post was edited by brickeyee on Sun, May 19, 13 at 11:53

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here