Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Incandescent Strip Light on a Timer?

ladyamity
9 years ago

Hello Everyone,

This is such a simple question, one would think I could find the answer easily on the internet. But a whole day of typing and plugging in questions, search words and watching quite a few YouTube videos, I have not been able to find the answer.

I have my very elderly parents living with me.
They get up in the morning before the roosters next door wake up.

Because it's still dark, you can imagine the mess I wake up to every morning at the coffee pot.

I started research for battery tap lights but then I realized I'd be spending way too much money on batteries because my parents would forget to turn them off.

I have a plug with GFI right behind the coffee maker so I thought I would add a 12" or less slim-line light under the cabinet.
I would like to set the timer so the under-cab light will turn on about 4 in the morning and turn off at 7 a.m. when there will be plenty of light in the kitchen for parents to see what they're doing.

I know I can't use a digital timer with a fluorescent strip light
but is it possible to use a digital timer with Incandescent lighting in a strip such as this:
Westek SL10LB 10-Inch Plug-In Incandescent Strip Light

I sure hope it's possible as this would be the best solution for my morning.......save time, much less clean-up of the whole coffee area, less aggravation for me.

Thank you so much for reading and for any answers you can provide.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia