Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

How to mount garage lights on clapboard, nicely

oldbat2be
11 years ago

I'd like to know the best way to do this, from a cosmetic standpoint. Our exterior lights arrive tomorrow (after about a year without lighting during our renovations), and I am very excited.

DH had me pick up white Arlington octagonal side blocks, 8141R for 1/2 inch lap. The local electrical store only had two models of these, one octagonal and one rectangular. The ones I bought will be wider than the base of the light. Our siding is grey, with white trim, and lights are very dark/natural bronze.

My concern is that the lights will now appear mounted on extruding plastic, vs. flushly mounted (somehow) to the clapboard. I am in no hurry at this point to just get these mounted, I'd like to do this the best way possible, so if we need to order new blocks or explore a different solution, please advise. I do understand that we could paint the block to match the siding. I would appreciate the forum's input. Thanks in advance!

The light is the one in upper left hand corner. Note how nice it looks flush against the wall. Ignore the other two lights please.

Comments (4)