Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hil357_gw

under cabinet wiring

hil357
10 years ago

Please forgive my ignorance... I have zero electrical experience. Am trying to figure out if we can do this ourselves. I have attached a poor attempt at outlining where we currently have under cab lighting (marked in red). They are halogen bars that are each directly wired. We hate that we have to currently turn each on one by one - and they get really hot. So, we're thinking of starting from scratch w/ one of these kits from InspiredLED: http://inspiredled.com/Shop-by-Project/kitchen-lighting

The problem we run into is trying to get lighting to the wall w/ the pantry on it, and ideally I'd like to have lighting under the open shelf on the wall opposite. Would this just be a matter of their 'in wall cables' down to our basement and back up through the walls? The basement below is unfinished and I can see the current romex going up to the kitchen. Should we abandon the romex that is currently there? Again, I just want to hit a switch and have it all turn on. Any info you can provide would be appreciated!

Comments (9)