Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In Wall 1500W Heaters (Dimplex) 240V

Posted by andyf (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 15:21

Model: RDH1507TCW

Studying the heater's innards, I noted there is the heat unit box that sits inside the outside wall mount box. I noted no back clearance and the heat unit lays flat against the back of the outer box. Normally a clearance would provide a separate air convection for circulation such as found in the older fireplace chimneys. The wall hollow is 4inches to the drywall of the next bedroom and there's no insulation.

So I read the instructions for insulation of the box surround that's required. None.

It says only this concerning insulation.

"Insulation surrounding the back and sides of the recess
mount box will not affect performance. Ensure insulation is rated for temperature up to 85 deg/C". (180F I think).

So is that saying temperatures can reach 180 deg within the wall? I don't want to buy a 50$ bag of Roxul to get 4 sq ft of insulation for the unit.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here