Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need info about pull chain light

Posted by snobrd43 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 10:58

Can I change a flush mount ceiling light into a pull chain flush mount ceiling light. I have a light now that is pull chain over the sink area and I want to change it but all pull chain lights look pretty much like what I have now(don't like it) can this be done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need info about pull chain light

There's a couple of options. There are pull chain switches you could install into a flush mount light. It would require some modification (drill hole, etc.) of the fixture and wired properly so, it would have to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. There are also flush lights that come with a turn knob switch installed. You can swap that for a pull switch. If you want to do away with the string or chain, why not add a remote unit in the fixture and mount the remote control unit on the wall nearby? The big box stores and local hardware stores stock them You could also install one of those types that Billy Mays used to advertise.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here