Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outlets failing intermitantly

Posted by evaf555 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 10:49

There are three outlets in my bedroom that occasionally stop working. Last night was the second time I noticed it. I did have a space heater, clock radio, an an LED light, but since the first fail, it's just the light.

Last night I tried to turn on the light, and it didn't work. The other outlets on the circuit didn't, either (just like the first time) Oddly, if I left the light switched on, it flashed every few seconds. I didn't time it, but it seemed like regular intervals. As of this morning, the outlet is working again.

The circuit breaker hasn't ever tripped, to the best of my recollection. The electrical service to this house was upgraded when we moved in in 2002.

Anyone have an idea what might cause this, and more to the point, how to remedy the situation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outlets failing intermitantly

Check for back stabbed receptacles.

The are notorious for failing, and a heater load a likely to cause them to fail faster.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here