Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recessed light in wall

Posted by nelo (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 21:19

I would like to mount a recessed can light in a sky light side wall. It will be over a bathtub/shower . It will be up high enough that you cant reach it without a ladder. thanks for the help, Jon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recessed light in wall

You need one rated for wet locations if it's inside a shower. The enclosed ones frequently are. I'm not sure how "vertical" your skylight wall is, but HALO does make some fixtures that are designed to tilt more than your average eyeball light (they make these so that you can use them in an up to 6-in-12 ceiling and have them still point straight down).

o

The wall I wish to mount the light is 90' vertical, so the light housing would be parallel with the ceiling of the bathroom. The light would then hopefully reflect around and light up the tub area. Good idea on the wet location housing, thanks.

o

nelo-
your post is confusing-
What do you mean by 90' ? did you mean 90 degrees?
If it is 90 degrees it would be perpendicular to the ceiling, not parallel-
Are you saying that the recessed light will be mounted on a wall?
Please clarify for us!
Thanks

o

The light HOUSING will be parallel to the ceiling. Its FACE will be perpendicular.

He wants to install the light in a WALL, like, a vertical plane, 90 to the ceiling.

o

I am sorry I was confusing. my skylight tube walls are pependicular to the ceiling of the bathroom. I would like to mount a recessed type light in the wall of the skylight, the light housing would be parallel to the bathroom ceiling. Normaly a recessed light housing would be vertical not horizontal. I dont know if this is a safe way mount the housing. thanks Nelo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here