Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjzimmer1

Installing a range hood

cjzimmer
13 years ago

This is probably pretty basic but I don't know alot about wiring and want to make sure I do it right.

I took down my old range hood which had the bare ground wire wrapped around the screw.

The New range hood has a green wire that runs somewhere but I can tell what it's attached to because it stops right at the edge of the plastic wiring box. There is a screw right on the outside of the box that I'm assuming the green wiring is attached to but the space is so small there I can't really see. This is exactly how it came from the manufacturer.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly. I'm assuming this green wire is already attached to the ground screw so I can simply screw my bare wire to the green wire with those caps and I'm good right?

I'm assuming I should trim away some of the bare wire since it's fairly long and still has the loop from where it was wrapped around the screw in the old hood.

And I know white goes with white and black with black.

Anything else I need to be aware of?

After the horrible time I had actually attaching it to the cabinets, I'm hoping this part will be easy.

Thanks so much for you help.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz