Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drmoose00

hot water dispener

drmoose00
14 years ago

I am remodeling, and putting in an under sink mount Insinkerator hot/cold filtered water dispenser. The unit runs at ~6.1A.

Is it permissible to wire this to one of my 20A wall outlet circuits? I understand that there is always the possibility of tripping, but really how often will I be using 2 countertop appliances and then decided I need a bunch of hot water?

On a related note.

I have been reading some of these forums about the recommended circuits for the kitchen. My impression is that before too long, every outlet in the kitchen, every appliance, and pretty much everything else in the house will require its own dedicated circuit. This is an old house with a 120A panel, and the option to replace it with an updated higher service is , well not an option right now, since it is underground cabling, there doesn't appear to be conduit, and there are some big trees in the run, so....

Point is my panel space is extremely limited. I thought I would replace my dryer and hot water with gas, freeing up a significant portion, but the gas supply to the house is 3/4", so.....

Comments (2)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure