Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen plugs not working

Posted by fernipascual (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 11 at 19:32

I have four electrical plugs in the kitchen that are on the same wall in a stratight line that suddenly stopped working, one of which is a GFCI. The light on the GFCI is on and I hit the test and the reset buttons and nothing works. I turned off the breaker and turned it on again, yet nothing works. I unscrewed all of them and there are no loose wires.
In between these outlets, there are three switches that control the garbage disposal, the dishwasher and a light, all of which are working properly.

Any ideas where the problem might lie?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen plugs not working

Either you are not pushing the reset button in all the way, or bad GFI.

o

The GD, DW and light are on separate circuits.

o

Push the reset button in until it clicks.

o

"The GD, DW and light are on separate circuits."

You assume. Maybe, maybe not. They SHOULD be but it doesn't mean that they ARE on separate circuits.

o

Seems to be some confusion here so Just to clarify: the OP says the GD DW and light are still working.

o

"the OP says the GD DW and light are still working"

Yes, it was also stated that the light on the gfci is ON, which would indicate that the receptacle still has power to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here