Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who Installs Pool Light

Posted by auggie1020 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 13:04

Hi All:

Bought a house with existing in-ground pool with underwater light. I have to replace the light fixture and bought an LED fixture and bulb that has to be installed. I want to make sure that the fixture is properly installed and the electrical that it runs to (GFCI) which is mounted outside and is a good two feet above the light fixture is all working properly. Would I hire and electrician for everything or a pool guy? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who Installs Pool Light

I would find an electrician that has experience in pools and knows Article 680 cold. I would not trust either a "pool guy" or the average electrician. Call the a pool installer and ask for recommendations on a savvy electrician.

I can't parse the reset of your sentence. What is mounted two feet above the light fixture? Where is it mounted? How close to the waterline (rather than the fixture) both vertically and horizontally.

Even with low voltage fixtures you need to be careful. A tank full of water you are about to immerse your self and family in is no place for amateur electrical work.

o

Couldn't agree more. Forget the pool guy, and find an electrician familiar with this stuff.

When I moved to where I am now I was amazed at how little the local guys knew about pools, especially built-in. Where I was before (Long Island) pools, especially built-in, were commonplace, and I had wired many

o

I would call a few pool contractors in the area and find out what electrical contractors they typically use for their electrical installations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here