Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rewiring a Bench Grinder

Posted by Dave_Burrows (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 10:13

Hello,

In preparation to paint my bench grinder, I made an image of the electrical wiring because I figured I might not remember how it was wired. Shortly after that, I lost my MB, and replacing it means replacing some other pricey components as well. So, the deal is that for now, I can't access that image, and as I suspected, I don't remember what went where. This image is of the wiring as it has been since I took the switch, and power cord out. Could someone please tell me how this should go back together?

Thanks for your time.

Peace,

Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rewiring a Bench Grinder

Who manufactured the grinder? Can you contact them or find some info on the web?

Apparently, the connections are as follows:
- A & B to the switch, it doesn't matter which blade for which.
- D to F
- E to G (D and E are interchangable)
Now the fun part:
C to either E & G (my first choice) or to D & F. If one way doesn't seem to work immediately, try the other way. A couple of seconds with the wrong connection here shouldn't cause any damage.

o

Super! Thanks, Randy;

She runs now. C actually went with D, & F. When connected to E, & G, it ran, but the wrong direction, and very slowly. Everything else was exactly right.

This grinder is a Chinese made "King" 6" 3/4 HP Bench Grinder, model #0189-0..

I really appreciate your having taken the time to respond.

Peace,

Dave

o

You painted your bench grinder? Even removing the wiring to do so? You must REALLY like your bench grinder, more than me anyway. Sounds like my father. He is retired now and can always find a reason to be fiddling with something in the garage (usually when my mother is at home), even If there isn't really a reason at all.

o

I do like my grinder. It drowns out many other sounds, and the hypnotic sparks look groovy. I'm also retired. I bet your father is a cool dude. It's new, came in flat primer gray. I used a candy apple red auto lacquer. Sweet.

o

BTW: from the picture, you might want to remove that ground screw and wire and then scrape away the paint underneath. Then reattach.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here