Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklingwater_gw

Infinite Switch turns on VR1000-can I keep in new kitchen redo?

SparklingWater
11 years ago

I am in the bowels of kitchen ventilation mapping and could really use your help.

In place is a working infinite wall switch (115 V, 60 cycle, off/high/med/low) which turns on a Trade Wind VR 1000 cfm external blower. The generic 42" under cabinet vent hood is mounted to a Thermador VCH 6 or VCH 8 (venting control housing) and vents vertically using 3"d x 20" w x height of straight duct before a rear elbow turn back into a joist, up/over to a transition to 10" circular duct running to the VR1000. Everything works fine and air pull is good.

In our upcoming kitchen re-model, can I use our infinite wall switch linked to the VR1000 motor with capacitor external blower with any similar new vent hood purchase that uses an infinite rather than variable switch to control the motor? I plan to leave the exterior blower and electrical in place since it is not broken. Infinite wiring is infinite, right? Nothing has changed on this over time?

All specs/installation sheets will be gone over in detail before purchase and use. I'm just trying to determine if I can use motor and infinite wall switch in place if these plus duct run matches new vent hood requirements.

Thank you very much.

Comments (4)