Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

outside lights on either side of the garage

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
13 years ago

We have had new siding installed on our house. We removed the spotlight that we haven't used for years, and want lights on either side of the garage door.

We will have this done professionally, but I would like to know what type of professional person would do it, and do it correctly so that they won't cause a fire or charge us for all day when the job shouldn't take that long.

The house is brick on the bottom, and siding and brick on the second floor.

The lights will go into brick, and a professional should be able to connect to the wires either in the garage or the attic where the spotlight was. The garage is now a room of its own with its own wall. There is an electrical outlet inside attached to the wall that used to be a garage door. There is another one around the corner on the outside.

Could you tell me what kind of a person to call and what kind of work to expect?

In other words, would I call an electrician, or would I call someone who does remodeling, and they would assign the work to a carpenter and an electrician.

We have a high standard of "codes", and I want to be sure that this is done correctly.

The house was built in 1979, and the garage was remodelled to become a room with a bath in about 1982. There is a "fuse" box in the closet of the room. There is an attic over the room, and it is relatively finished.

Thank you for any information you can give me.

This is a lot of work for just a couple of outside lights, but I want the house to look good.

Sammy

Comments (2)