Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Number of bends in a service entrance run

Posted by dalepres (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 13, 11 at 0:22

There is no way to get from the pole to my main panel in 4 or less 90-degree bends. The pole is on one corner of the mobile home and the meter is on the other.

So I have from the main disconnect down under ground and one 90 to go to the far end of the mobile home. A second 90 to turn along the end. A third 90 to come back up along the back side, a fourth to go back under the edge of the home and the 5th to go up into the new main breaker.

The only other possibility is to tunnel/bore from the front of the home to the back under neath the crawl space.

Or, I have to have a junction box somewhere.

So, with a disconnect on the pole, and the rest PVC conduit underground, what are my other options?

Thanks,

Dale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Number of bends in a service entrance run

Does it need to be underground. Fasten the conduit to the house and use pull elbows on the corners.
Or fasten it to the bottom of the home in the crawl space.

o

If you go to 3" conduit and use 3' sweeps (long radius) you could do what your wanting with little problem. Anytime you have more than 3 sweeps the cable pull starts to go up dramatically. It could physically be pulled with 2" pipe without much problem but if the wire ever needed to be replaced it might be near impossible. If you go with 3" it should allow for cable replacement.

o

You could add a Main disconnect exterior load center on the outside of the house.
This would give you the option of distribution outside for future loads, garage, hottub, A.C. This will also take care of your problem with more than 360 degrees in a single run.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here