Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need 4 1/2 inch or bigger doorbell

Posted by jerickson100 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 10, 10 at 18:30

This is a strange request for help, but we are trying to replace our doorbell and the old one was a bit larger than average. Specifically, we need a doorbell with a height greater than 4 1/2 inches to cover the screw holes from the old one. I have checked our local stores and some online sites, and I can't find one that is big enough. I am hoping for a silver wired one that is fairly simple. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very appreciative!

Jessica

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need 4 1/2 inch or bigger doorbell

I presume you are talking about the doorbell mechanism inside rather than the doorbell mounting plate outside. In any case, just go to the Amazon or Home Depot web sites and do a search. I found a number of doorbells that were higher than 4" tall in a few seconds...like this one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Heath Zenith doorbell

o

It is helpful if one distinguishes between a bell or a chime. Either might have been the original.

o

Screw holes are rather easy to fill and hide.

o

Maybe take the cover off a new one and screw it inside your old chime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here