Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
toe kick heater & timer

Posted by guy_in_newhouse (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 9, 11 at 12:35

I'm planning on installing a Qmark QTS1500T(120V, 750 or 1500W, 6.3 or 12.5 amps) toe-kick heater below a bath vanity. I chose this one due to it's small size & the space I have available:

"Qmark QTS 1500T"

The unit has an internal thermal protection and a built in thermostat range of 45-85 degrees.

I'd like to control the on-off of this unit through a "Leviton LTB30-1LZ Decora 1800W Incandescent/20A Resistive-Inductive 1HP Preset 5-10-15-30 Minute Countdown Timer Switch", amazon has it at:

"Leviton LTB30-1LZ"

The Leviton switch seems to be rated for the load of the heater.

Are there any other concerns about pairing up this combination?

thanks..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: toe kick heater & timer

Looks good to me. I'd put it on a dedicated 20A circuit (12/2 wire) to keep the circuit under 80% loading.

o
RE: toe kick heater & timer

Make sure it is not hard to replace the switch.

Resistive heater loads pull more current till they warm up (as do light bulbs, but they heat faster) and being even close to the contact rating can result in shorter life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here