Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find power connectors for the LED under cabinet lights?

Posted by flyingkite (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 11:18

I bought a set of the GE/Jasco LED under cabinet lights and have to cut power cord because it's too long.

Unfortunately, it's too late to wire them directly to the power outlet unless we break existing back splash tile.

Now the problem, where to find connectors? I don't think I can reuse the old ones.

Connector

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find power connectors for the LED under cabinet ligh

You might find them at Jameco, Digikey, or Mouser.

o

Why not cut the excess length off of the wall plug.end and then put on a replacement plug?

o

I don't think you can legally cut off the power plug and hardwire this into an outlet.

o

weedmeister,

I won't wire power cord to the outlet, I will plug it into it
I can cut the cord and use replacement plug, but they all look ugly comparing to the manufactured ones.

jreagan,

Thanks for the hint, I'll check all three sites.

If it won't work I have a plan B, cut excessive cord and solder wires. I already ordered Heat Gun and Heat Shrink Tubing stuff.

Just wanted something fancy...

This post was edited by flyingkite on Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 17:26

o

" it's too late to wire them directly to the power outlet unless we break existing back splash tile."

I misunderstood 'wire them directly to the ... outlet' to be hard wire them. My bad.

o

Those kits a a JOKE!! They actually expect you to mount the lights, run the cords (which will all be the perfect length) and plug them in. This is NEVER the case.

You should not cut any of the cords, even the plug. You need to hide the slack somewhere.

o

Actually it's very easy to hide them and nobody (except kids) will see them. Just striving for perfection....

o

I believe I found one on the Jameco site, it's MOLEX 02-09-1119.

Looks very similar:

Also ordered crimping and extraction tools, they are not expensive and will be used in my future projects.

Thanks all for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electrical Wiring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here