Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Lights flickering

jockewing
14 years ago

A couple of months ago, I noticed the lights in my kitchen fixtures, the pantry, and back porch flicker. There is an incandescent chandelier in the b-fast nook, a fluorescent fixture in the kitchen and pantry, and regular outdoor incandescent on the porch and floodlights off the back of the porch. Sometimes they flicker intermittently the whole time they're on, sometimes they don't flicker at all.

I do notice that sometimes the fluorescent fixture will get much brighter than normal and the flickering stops. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the ballast in the fluorescent causing all the problems, but the flickering happens even when the fluorescent is turned off.

Any ideas on how to even start figuring out this problem. Would like to try to fix on my own first.

Also, my house is about 9 years old, and soon after I moved in, the plugs on the front and back porch and the light above the master bathtub quit working. Have never gotten this fixed as I really never use that light or those outlets. Kind of embarassing, I know. Any thoughts? Never had any other electrical problems to speak of.

Comments (3)