Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
markdebbie_gw

vax rapide

MarkDebbie
11 years ago

We have been given a vax rapide v-026 carpet cleaner.

The previous owner has discovered that the thermal trip had gone so be had taken it apart.

Unfortunately be had not written down the connections and consequently I am left with a new motor supression loom and thermal trip and not way of knowing how the wires connecting

I have a workshop with the required tools for the job

Could anyone please offer help by Way of either a diagram of the relevant connections or a nice close up photo

If only be has drawn the connections it would have made my life a lot easier :-)

Many thanks on advance for any help that is forthcoming

Comments (4)

• yosemitebill
    11 years ago

I don't think you'll find much help here on a UK carpet cleaner but it was easy enough for me to look up the wiring harness.

It appears pretty simple and straightforward with color-coded wiring and plugin connectors.

Maybe check with the company you ordered the part from - while they usually only post parts diagrams/numbers online, the manuals that they get the info from often contain wiring diagrams too.

• MarkDebbie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi yosemitebill,

I've been trawling all over the web looking for a diagram of the connections,if I has been looking for the wiring of a harley or royal enfield I would have found them right away,typical I guess

The guys that sold me the part are just distributors,and vax said they wouldn't tell me for health and safety (bs).....probably thought I was a spy from bissell :-)

If you could point me on the direction of the harness diagram I would very much appreciate it,as we have 5 puppies and the carpet needs some attention

vn1500drifter at gmail dot com

Once again thanks from a snowy England

• MarkDebbie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi yosemitebill,

I've been trawling all over the web looking for a diagram of the connections,if I has been looking for the wiring of a harley or royal enfield I would have found them right away,typical I guess

The guys that sold me the part are just distributors,and vax said they wouldn't tell me for health and safety (bs).....probably thought I was a spy from bissell :-)

If you could point me on the direction of the harness diagram I would very much appreciate it,as we have 5 puppies and the carpet needs some attention

vn1500drifter at gmail dot com

Once again thanks from a snowy England

• yosemitebill
    11 years ago

Sorry Mark, I think you misunderstood my message. I was only looking at a picture of the part you are already holding in your hand. It just looked to me like it may be fairly obvious on the connections.

You may need to take someone from Vax to the pub for a pint, to get the info. Always seemed to work well for me over there!

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Cheers!