Return to the Wine Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oak Leaf Wine- steal of the season?

Posted by kandm (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 28, 08 at 23:56

I recently tried a bottle of Oak Leaf Pinot Grigio Chardonnay. When I bought it I wasn't expecting much, I was mostly just curious. Surprisingly it turned out to be pretty good wine. After doing some research I discovered the brand has won several awards. For example, it won a gold medal at the prestigious Florida State International Wine Competition and Silver and Bronze at the 2008 San Francisco Wine Competition. It was also rated the steal of the season this Summer by O magazine.

You're probably not very impressed with any of this but the best part is that I found Oak Leaf at WalMart for $3. Apparently the brand makes 5 varieties, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Chardonnay and White Zinfandel. If you try one sometime drop a line.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oak Leaf Wine- steal of the season?

Happy Birthday

o

I also bought some...a cab. I was expecting some wine snob house guests and I just put it in with the rest of the $12 to
$15 reds.They opened it and drank some....and I never mentioned where I got it!! I asked how it was....the answer was "It's fine!"...and I tasted it and it was OK....lots better than a few $15 to $20 wines I have tasted.
Not as good as Charles Shaw...but good enough for cooking....and I suspect that soem are better than others.
Linda C

o

The first time i tried the oak leaf brand . I had the merlot and to my surprise it was so much better than most expensive wines that i have sampled. My favorite is the sweet red, and for $3 dollars you cant beat it.

o

One of my best friends who owns a high-end spa and lives a relatively nice affluent life style that most would only dream of..... offers wine, soft drinks, waters etc. to clients. Due to the growing demand of the wine, she had to find a resonable solution to the expense of serving wine. By chance, she met a wine vendor who told her about Oak Leaf. She tried it and then began to buy it by the case for work, parties, beach trips etc. Thanks to her, I am now hooked. I have had $80.00 bottles of that did nothing more than this brand, but drain my wallet. I do enjoy the finer things in life but have no problem with being open about a bargin. The only disappointment is that I can only find it at Walmart. Depending upon the location, it is anywhere from 2.77 to 2.95 a bottle. I enjoy a glass of wine to unwind but consider it a guilty financial pleasure....to which luckily is no longer guilty; how could it be at that price!?! If your friends turn a blind eye or snub you because of buying this inexpensive wine, maybe you need to
re-evaluate the core of your friendships, not your wine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wine Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here