Return to the Wine Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wine making

Posted by sheryl_ontario (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 11:18

Not much left outside for me to make wine with now, either. The marked down produce at the grocery store is always interesting, however.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wine making

Glad to see some activity here. I just tried making wine with butternut squash and pumpkin. Didn't get much juice out of them so have a pot of pulp draining with peptic enzyme and bread yeast in it. Still not getting much breakdown of the pulp.

o
RE: wine making

I am planning to make a one gallon batch of pumpkin/winter squash wine this fall, if I have the time. I will be using Hopi Black squash for this, since it's our favourite! I would have frozen the raw squash first to get more juice out of it. I always freeze everything before I make wine with it. I will also bring it to a boil before using it and let it steep in the boiling water for 36-48 hours, then make the wine. Because I don't use sulphite, the boiling is important but is also extracts a lot of the flavour from the raw material, as does the freezing.

Let me konw how it turns out. This will be my first pumpkin wine! I have made a lot of experimental wines this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wine Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here