Return to the Wine Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sweet cherry &black raspberry wine recipe

Posted by connie0751 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 10, 10 at 14:37

I have loads of cherries this year and would like to try to make a sweet cherry wine. I have black raspberries also. This will be my first try at making wine, so would appreciate easy, tried & true recipes and any tips on wine making u may have. TIA and have a great day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweet cherry &black raspberry wine recipe

Connie, I posted a recipe a few years ago if you are interested in a sweet wine recipe with more alchol than normal. The thread is lenghtly...email me for a shorter version or explaination

Here is a link that might be useful: sweet wine recipe

o

Sweet cherry & black raspberry wine taste so good I think.
Will it bother to you fedup321 if you post it again?

o

I have written a book on making organic wine at home. It's a free download ebook. Really, free with no strings attached. You are welcome to download it at the link below.
In a word: sterilize. Sterilize every little thing that comes in contact with the wine, hands, every spoon, cup, measuring spoon, strainer and container - everything - and keep it sterile until you are finished with it.

More than sterilization is rinsing it off. Whatever you use to sterilize, be it bleach, sulphite, whatever, has to be thoroughly rinsed from everything.

Sterilize. Sterilize. Sterilize.
Rinse. Rinse. Rinse.

The rest is easy. For 5 gallons, collect about 3/4 of that in materials. Put it all in a big pot or two, cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn off fire and put on sterile lid. Let sit two days. Strain into primary fermenter. Add water to make 5 gallons. Add sugar until hydrometer reading is about 12-13% (a little at a time, testing as you go), add pectic enzyme according to package (usually about 2-3 teasp for 5 gal), add acid blend at 1 teas per gallon, stir well and sprinkle the yeast on top. Cover lightly for a week. Rack into secondary fermenter and add air lock. Rack about every three months, at least 2-3 times, until there is no more activity, no bubbles from air lock. Test again with hydrometer until reading is below 1.000 (0.9). Bottle. This makes a dry wine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wine Book

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wine Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here