SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
usafarmer_gw

any additive/chemical-free wines?

usafarmer
16 years ago

I did an internet search to see if any country forbade the use of chemicals in its wine, couldn't find any. Instead, I found Australia allows the use of 50 chemicals in wine, and that Germany's since-1567 purity law that forbids any but 4 ingredients to make beer does not cover wine, and that German wine is without protection from the use of chemicals to make it. Since my allergies are incited by so many wines, that may be because of chemicals or because some strains of yeast cause allergies more than others, I need to find an inexpensive wine I can drink without an allergic problem. The only US wine I've tried that is never a problem is Korbel California Champage "Natural"/Extremely Dry [not to be confused with either Korbel's Brut or Very Dry which are quite allergic], but I don't always want a whole, expensive bottle of champagne. Is there any wine which those of you with allergies have found safe to drink? Or is there any origin country of wine supposed to be free of chemical additives? Thanks

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County