SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sculpine

need help/opinions

scot
11 years ago

I raise a fairly large variety of fruits and have been making wine and vinegar (actually more often melomels since i have bees too). My job requires tons of travel and I cant babysit my wines like I should. My question may seem kind of stupid, but I dont want to waste any more fruit and honey if what I have started doing is going to produce a poor wine.

Since I cant be home to punch/stir the fruit pulp, I have taken to just using juice from the fruit as opposed to including the pulp. I have upped the amount of fruit to help keep its character through the process. I also use tea or tannins to help make up for missing skins.

So my general question is, if I use only the juice (either pressed or extracted) in place of using the whole fruit will I still get a decent glass of wine in the end. I know this is fairly broad stroke, just need to know if I am wasting ingredients and time.

for the vinegar I usually just make up my must, and use honey until I get the SG I want, then take a gallon or two off for the vinegar and then add more honey to get the SG up to a good starting point for wine.

thx

scot

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm