SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tressa_gw

Winemaster

tressa
17 years ago

Hi. I posted on your original text...but haven't heard from you so.......my question:

We have a small vineyard (150 vines, or so) and we have a LARGE blackbird population. Can you suggest the right type of netting to keep the birds out? The few websites that I have visited only have info for large vineyards, draping the netting completely over the vines, using a machine. Do you have any first-hand knowledge regarding the easiest and most effective way to net???

Comments (3)

• winemaster
    17 years ago

Dear tressa, Sorry I have not responded, been very busy. I have talked to a few friends in the field area. They recommend a full enclosure with a netting that would not allow any birds to access the vines. That would mean covered top and sides. This would be the most inexpensive
    way to start. Thank you

• winemaster
    17 years ago

I am sure you know this but, the sin must not be blocked by the netting.
    Later Winemaster.
    Let me know how it goes.

• gw:mikethewine-o
    17 years ago

Try this site. The min order is $300. It has good pictures that might help you get some ideas for a do it yourself. Look at the drop over netting you might be able to get supplies from a garden store to make your own. If thta does not work try searching for fish nets. You might be able to find netting that is small and cheap. The drop neting is a good example of a aesy application.

Here is a link that might be useful: netting

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County