I'd like to buy champagne for someone as a token of thanks, and I'm torn between purchasing them a bottle of the Dom Pérignon Vintage 1998 or a 2000.
Please could anybody here recommend which one would be the best option? I'm swaying towards the 1998, but I'd like a second opinion to check whether my instincts are correct :)
Thanks in advance,
|Having tasted both the 1999 and 2000 back to back. Would recommend the '99 (also advice from the Dom rep in our area as well). And remember - when released, Dom is meant to be enjoyed not cellared indefinitely.|
Return to the Wine Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here