I'd like to buy champagne for someone as a token of thanks, and I'm torn between purchasing them a bottle of the Dom Pérignon Vintage 1998 or a 2000.
Please could anybody here recommend which one would be the best option? I'm swaying towards the 1998, but I'd like a second opinion to check whether my instincts are correct :)
Thanks in advance,
|Having tasted both the 1999 and 2000 back to back. Would recommend the '99 (also advice from the Dom rep in our area as well). And remember - when released, Dom is meant to be enjoyed not cellared indefinitely.|
Return to the Wine Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.