SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertdance

Today I Bit The Bullet!

The deed is done! Cost me over a hundred bucks, and I had to go to two online sites for my beginning wine making supplies. Why two sites? Neither one had it all. What did I buy? Well, a 2 gallon primary fermenter, 4 one gallon glass jugs with drilled stoppers and airlocks, a hydrometer and that jar you should get for it, some ph test strips, 6 packets of yeast, yeast nutrient, camden tablets, a siphon, acid blend, and some other stuff.

I didn't order corks, although everyone I know is saving their bottles for me. Getting those labels off is tough. I figure I'll just make jug wine to start.......

I will admit I got tempted and ordered four of those flavors you blend with sugar and vodka to make some cheap but tasty cordials....Grand Marnier, Sambuca, Amaretto, and Kaluah.

I have the Walmart Blackberry Jam and some Frozen White Grape-Cranberry Concentrate to start my hobby. I have the backyard vineyard (some on order and some planted) for the day they produce (three years from now) and the day I graduate from hobbyist to genuine wine maker!

If you have suggestions for me, I'm open!

Suzi

Comments (2)

Sponsored