Return to the Wine Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help a Cal Poly Student!

Posted by calpolystudent (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 2, 10 at 14:48

I am a Cal Poly State University student working on my senior project involving wine and online shopping. If you could please help me out by participating in my survey it would be much appreciated! The survey is completely anonymous and you will not be contacted about any follow up information. Thank you so much for your participation!

Feel free to ask questions!

Click here to take survey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help a Cal Poly Student!

I took it, was very easy.. & less than 3 minutes to complete.

o
RE: Please Help a Cal Poly Student!

The survey was really too superficial. It seemed geared to people who shop in supermarkets for wine. That's OK, but they'd have little reason to shop online. The heaviest users of online wine sites are probably people who are looking for specific things that aren't widely available and who are willing to spend a lot of money. So a question like whether the look of the label affects a purchase is entirely meaningless. Nor is there a correlation between the number of times one purchases wine during a month and wine consumption, or a reason to imagine that wine purchases are spread thru the year.

Most walk in wine purchases take place in November and December. Online that may or may not be true, depending on whether people are buying for the holidays or not. There's also the problem with shipping and most people don't want shipments May - Sept. Then there's the Bordeaux releases and the Rhone releases. Those months will show a spike in on-line purchases because if people want futures, they'll likely as not buy from someone in NYC, LA, Chicago, or DC.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wine Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here